Divorce Attorney in Tucson
Looking for a Top Divorce Attorney in Tucson
Finding the right divorce attorney in Tucson is actually fairly simple, though it is a task that you shouldn’t take lightly. Many people end up losing a lot of their assets in a divorce settlement, all because they didn’t take the time to look for the best lawyer – but simply went with the cheapest option. If you’re looking to hire the best Tucson divorce attorney, everything you need to know is right here on this page…
Divorce Attorney in Tucson: Understanding Divorce
Before we get into the how-to of hiring a divorce lawyer, you need to understand a bit more about divorce…
Divorce is the legal dissolution of your marriage, meaning that you are no longer legally married to your spouse. A legal separation is just the two of you living apart, but a divorce is final. A contested divorce is one where one of the parties doesn’t agree on the terms, and these are the cases that can drag on. Uncontested divorces usually end more quickly, as both parties agree on the terms of the divorce and the paperwork is quickly completed.
The divorce attorney comes in to help deal with the paperwork, which has to be written in legalese. You may have no idea how to write a divorce agreement, and a lawyer can help you to draft one very easily. The petition for divorce will be sent from your lawyer to your spouse, and they have to sign it or contest it. The signed divorce petition is filed in court, and the judge rules on any custody, property, or liability issues. Once the judge issues the Final Divorce Decree, the process is finalized and you are no longer married to your spouse.
The most common type of divorce is the Fault divorce. This type of divorce means that one of the parties did something to wrong the other person. The wrongdoing can be physical or emotional abuse, living away from the family for a number of years, extramarital affairs, imprisonment, or irreconcilable differences. A divorce case follows, and the spouse requesting the divorce has to prove that the wrongdoings occurred in order to get the divorce motion passed. A No-Fault divorce is one where neither party blames the other person for the divorce, but Arizona doesn’t offer this option.
Divorce Attorney in Tucson: Finding the Right Lawyer
If you’re going to hire the best divorce attorney Tucson can offer you, it’s important to go about it the right way. Here are the steps to follow to help you select the best lawyer for your case:
- Learn about Arizona Divorce Laws — You should take the time to learn more about the Arizona divorce laws, as that can help you to know exactly what you need to do to get your divorce. Study up a bit on your state’s laws for divorce, as well as what you can do to get the best deal in your divorce settlement.
- Consider the attorney — Are you interested in a lawyer that will just file the paperwork for an uncontested divorce, or do you need a lawyer that will go to court and win the best divorce settlement in a contested divorce? Think about what type of lawyer you need, and search accordingly.
- Call the Arizona State Bar — The Arizona State Bar Association is an organization for lawyers, and all of the top lawyers in the state are part of the organization. You can call their office and ask for information on the top divorce lawyers, and they’ll be more than happy to provide you with that information.
- Ask for References — If any of your friends and family have recently gone through a divorce, ask them if they know of an attorney that they can work with. They may be able to recommend one that helped them, or one that worked with their ex-spouse to get a large portion of their assets in the divorce.
- Interview a Few — Take the time to sit down with at least 3 or 4 different attorneys before you hire one on retainer. You’ll want to compare not only their strategies for winning the divorce case, but also their personalities and the way they handle the case. The goal is to find a lawyer that you can feel comfortable with, and you’ll need to sit down with a few in order to get to know them a bit more.
- Consider the Fees — You may not want to spend a fortune on your divorce, as you’ll already be losing a good deal of your assets in the divorce. If you hire a lawyer that charges exorbitant fees, you may end up far worse off than if you and your spouse just separated legally. Make sure that you’re not spending too much on a good lawyer, but that you’ll get a good defense.
If you follow these simple tips above, it will be much easier for you to find a good lawyer. The best lawyers in the city will be costly, but they will help you to get the best deal in your divorce. On the other hand, if you’re just looking for a lawyer to help file the paperwork, you may not want to hire the top lawyers. For this reason, you need to consider carefully all of the factors in your divorce before you hire a lawyer.
Divorce Attorney in Tucson: Consider Doing it Yourself
You may not need a lawyer to help you, especially if the divorce is uncontested and amiable. If you and your spouse can agree on the terms of the divorce and there are no kids involved, the separation should be fairly quick and painless. If you don’t absolutely need a lawyer, you may want to consider doing it for yourself. However, if the divorce is contested, you may need the best divorce attorney in Tucson to help you get the best settlement in your divorce.